The Spirit Tribune
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Spirit Tribune

This is a Forum site for all my horse lovers out ther. All animal lovers are encouraged to join.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Okami-4

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silent Hoofbeats
Spirit's Legacy
Spirit's Legacy
Silent Hoofbeats

Okami-4 Empty
PostSubject: Okami-4   Okami-4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 1:59 pm

Okami 4: Men equal danger!!

A few days later Shadow lead the way through new territory. Followed by Okami and his younger brother Khanre. Their fur was matted with burrs and thier paws burned but they kept it to them selves. . . Well that is until Okami couldn't take it any much longer. She wailed out mournfully. Shadow and Khanre looked at her then shook their heads. They agreed on one thing. Sometimes Okami did act like a pup. They walked on thru a chorus of wails and whimpers. Okami noticed that they wouldn't stop and rest. ''Males. . .'' she mumbled under her breath and continued to follow. Shadow knew she was all healed up and well fed so she was ready for the trip. Khanre moaned ''Man your girlfriend is such a baby'' Shadow growled at him ''She is NOT my girlfriend!'' Khanre laughed out loud ''Yea whatever''. Okami stopped wailing due to her voice becoming raspy. She followed in silence the two males. Shadow felt a pang of sympathy for her. He walked back to were she was then asked ''Are you feelng better?'' Okami shot him a dirty look as her snobbiness rang in the air ''Do I look any better!? Tell me!?'' Shadow wished he'd never ask. He gave in though as the sun was beginning to sink into the horizon. ''we will stop here'' Okami wagged her tail ''Finally'' She rushed to a small stream nearby and nearly dunked herself in. She waded in the cool waters until her fur was totally clean of burrs and snags, and it had a healthy glow. When she was satisfied she walked out, shaking the water everywhere. she looked around and saw Shadow and Khanre resting. She decided to do the same but a noise perked her ears up. She knew it sounded familiar. She krept out of the saftey of the woods out into the open meadow. She peered then cocked her head. But then she caught the smell. . . It was a human. She remembered that humans were friends of her. They kept her warm when there was cold. They fed her every day no questions asked. She walked out leaving all her possible caution behind. There were a total of 3 illegal hunters and trappers waiting. Max noticed her first ''Well well well will you look at that. She is not one bit scared of us.'' A smaller man, Jim laughed ''Must be nutts I think.'' The man with the deepest voice, Wyatt didn't waste time ''Look at that fur they'll pay us big for that rare white fur.'' Soon the hunters took thier positions. Okami walked forward confused. ''Why are they hiding?'' She thought. Meanwhile Shadow had woken up to the scent of humans. Khanre jumped to his feet then asked ''Where's Okami?'' Shadow looked around ". . . I don't know'' He picked up her scent and followed it. Unfortunately it was leading straight to the hunters. Shadow appeared on the clearing when Okami saw him. She wagged her tail then barked. Shadow's eyed widened with horro as Okami kept walking to the men. ''No Okami run away from there. They're going to shoot you HURRY!!'' Okami was really worried now. She knew humans wouldn't harm her but now... shadow raced down to meet her. ''Hurry get out of here!!'' He urged her to leave. Tim growled ''Hey that other wolf is leading her away!!'' Wyatt smirked ''Oh no he wont'' He cocked his rifle and aimed at Shadow. He closed one eye and pulled the trigger. Shadow had managed to get Okami out of danger but the bullet pierced his shoulder. He tumbled to the floor, blood gushed from his shoulder. Okami looked back and whimpered exaspretly.''Shadow!!'' Shadow looked up at her ''Run get out of here girl!!'' Okami barely listened, she clamped her tight fangs around Shadow's neck and tugged. Khanre appeared soon and quickly helped her get his brother to safety. They dragged him to a deserted den. Okami shivered ''He's lost a lot of blood Khanre what do we do!?'' Khanre saw the terrible guilt in her eyes. ''He's a tough wolf, he'll make it'' Together they wrapped a special oily plant leaf around Shadow's shoulder. As the night drew near Khanre looked up at the sky, then back at Okami.''look the den's too small for all three, you stay here with him and I'll be right out side'' Before she cold say anything Khanre walked out of the den but laid close enough for Okami to hear his breath. She looked down at Shadow and whimpered ''Oh please make it baby... It was all my fault.'' she licked his head gently a couple of times then laid her head on top of his and curled her body around him to warmth him because it was getting chilly out side.. .
Back to top Go down
http://fayethehuntress.forumotion.com

Okami-4
Page 1 of 1